Emma is potty trained, yet she won't wear underwear. I've tried everything like letting her pick out the ones she wants and running out of pull-ups so she doesn't have a choice. Nothing has worked. Then on Thursday, Ms. Kristi from day care was telling me that she thought Emma was potty trained and could wear underwear. I said I know but she won't wear them. So she said to bring a pair the next day and she would see what she could do.
Since Emma did not want us to bring any, I hid some in the front seat of Levi's car so he could sneak them in. I got a call at work mid afternoon from Ms. Kristi. She started out by saying she thought she'd tell me what she did to Emma today. Apparently while Emma was going to the bathroom, she tried to convince Emma to put on some panties. Emma screamed "no" at the top of her lungs every time it was mentioned. So she tried to force them on but Emma won that fight. Then Ms. Megan came in and it took two of them to get them on her. They convinced her to wear them for 5 minutes. She kept asking to take them off the entire 5 minutes. Then when the 5 minutes was up, they asked her to try for 15 minutes. This went on for about 3 hours. During that time, Emma asked to go to the bathroom every 15 minutes. Ms. Kristi finally started saying no to her going to the bathroom.
They somehow got them back on her after nap and she wore them the rest of the day. We didn't go home before going out for the night so she wore them for the whole night too. But now it's Saturday and she refuses to wear them again. This may be a long process.
No comments:
Post a Comment